Cracking Christmas Cocktails & Mulled Wine
It’s that time of year when a glass of warm, spiced wine is just the ticket to make you flow with Christmas cheer. I’ve compiled
2 oranges (juice an peel)
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 cloves (whole)
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
2 bay leaves
1 bottle of red wine
- Peel large sections of peel from the oranges, lemon and lime, trying not to get too much pith
- Put the wine sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the pieces of peel and squeeze in the orange juice.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and add to the pan.
- Let this simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved into the red wine.
- You can now turn off the heat and you can leave reheat whenever you fancy
- when it’s warm and deliciously festive, ladle it into heatproof glasses and serve.
For a non-alcohic version just replace the wine with apple juice!
For lots of cracking Christmas cocktail recipes you can download my free Cracking Christmas Cocktail Guide for free at my website. www.thetroublewithhusbands.com