15 New Year’s Resolutions that I intend to keep!
- I’m going to bed early on New Year’s Eve and I’m not waking up in 2016 with a hangover. Then I’m going to be practically teetotal all the time.
- I’m going to win my battle with Mother Nature and get fit and healthy. I’ve already booked myself into the gym, starting in January and I’ll be going there several times a week.
- I’m going to get up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour later. This will give me 14 extra hours a week, which is almost another day, so I’ll have an eight day week, and I’ll get a lot more work done..
- I’m not going to put anything in the washing machine with a tissue up the sleeve or in a pocket. I’m going to check everything. I’m fed up with picking off all the white bits.
- I’m cutting right down on my trips away. There are lots of places to visit locally, so I’ll be spending more time in my house.
- I’m going to be a Domestic Goddess and turn this house into a show home. I’ve already started a drastic clearout, and as everything goes to charity shops, I’m helping the world.
- I’m going to take control of my appearance and look at myself in the mirror often. No more casual, slobby clothes for me, and no more fattening food. I’m going to count calories and wear makeup, even at home. Britain’s a very visual country, and they judge people on their appearance.
- I’m going to write my Big Bestseller this year. I’ll work late into the night without any phone calls or interruptions.
- I’m going to learn the guitar or the piano, or maybe both. I’ve done years of research, and if you want the world to love/fancy you, just walk along the road with a guitar and a cute puppy.
- I’m going to socialise more. Time goes by and I don’t see my friends for months/years as we all live a busy lifestyle. I’m going to visit them without making up excuses, and I’m going to throw regular dinner-parities.
- I’m not going to be a natural leader. I’m going to be all girly and helpless, and let everyone else make all the decisions, even if I think they’re wrong. Then I’ll quietly go away and probably sort it out, or maybe I’ll just wait until I’m called on to do it. Then I can’t be blamed for anything.
- I’m not going to nag Hubby John any more. I’m going to accept the fact that he’s a bloke with tunnel vision and a brain that doesn’t work properly.
- I’m not going to swear any more, no matter what happens. I’m going to tut and sigh or say Oh dear! Yes, I know that well-heeled ladies often swear like troopers. But they have breeding and a bank balance, and I ain’t got either.
- I’m not going to talk to myself any more, or to inanimate objects like cars, bank cash dispensers, supermarket shelves, etc. I can feel my lips moving, and I’m sure it’s on the increase.
- I’m going to learn something new every day, even if I just look up a new word in my dictionary. I’m getting older all the time, and I don’t want to waste any more of my life. Life’s precious, and when it’s gone, it’s gone for ever.
So there we are, 15 New Year Resolutions that are do-able.
Do Comment and let us know about yours!