10 Reasons why I love Paris.
- I love travelling to Paris by train. It’s such a straightforward journey .We catch the train to St Pancras, then straight on to Eurostar. I love watching the change in the scenery as we travel along.
- I love the Paris Metro system. It’s so efficient and easy to understand.
- I love the Parisians. They’re so elegant. They even walk differently to us!
- I love Notre Dame. What a beautiful old building, with the Seine flowing past it.
- I love the Eiffel Tower. It’s unique, and visible from most places in the City.
- I love the Sacre Coeur, perched at the top of the flight of steps. I always walk up them (slowly!) then I explore the artistic area on the other side, walking down the easy way through the old streets.
- I love the Brasseries with delicious coffee, beers, and a huge, varied selection of meals at low prices.
- I love the Louvre with its huge glass pyramid in the middle. I’ve never managed to walk all round it to see all the exhibits as it’s so big.
- I love the Champs Elysee with the pavement cafes and the Arc de Triomphe at the end. You seem to walk along for ages and it never gets any nearer!
- I love the small shops and the huge stores. Their window displays and the displays inside are so imaginative! Lafayette’s Christmas decorations are world-famous, and rightly so. How on earth do they get that massive Christmas tree in there?!!
The whole world has been disgusted and horrified by the atrocities that have happened in Paris this year. But don’t let it put you off visiting this lovely city for a short break or a weekend. It’s a big place and there’s a lot to see. And with the extra security everywhere, it’s probably safer than ever!
There are many other interesting places to visit in France. Do read Annick And Frederic’s Meanderings on Thursdays for ideas of what to see, or Bob Lyons, after his monthly trips there.