The Egyptian Sphinx mystery. ARCHAEOLOGY NEWSFLASH NO. 441a
You’ve probably heard of “the Egyptian Sphinx mystery”?
And I’m going to share with you some fascinating secrets
about its true age.
So how old is the Sphinx – really?
On the plateau of Giza west of Cairo, Egypt, sits the
Great Sphinx of Giza, a statue 240 feet long, with a
lion’s body and a human head wearing the headdress of the
WATER DID IT!
It is surrounded by desert sand. But there’s evidence of
Erosion by wind-borne sand? No. By WATER!
The edges of the rock are rounded. And there are
apparently deep fissures in the rock.
The impressions on the stones are not horizontal, as would
be caused by sand and wind (like the pyramids in the area);
instead, they are vertical.
This suggests that the Sphinx has been subjected to heavy
The erosion is stronger on the upper parts of the Sphinx
and its enclosure walls than around the base.
This erosion of these “upper” surfaces exhibits a pattern
of weathering commonly associated with exposure to
There is a rolling and undulating vertical profile, with
many vertical and sloping channels where joints in the
bedrock have been opened up.
Schoch contrasted this situation at the Sphinx with the
state of weathering seen at other rock-cut features of
the Giza Plateau.
For example, in various Old Kingdom tombs, erosion by
windblown sand has picked out areas of poorer quality rock,
but has left the anciently cut facades and doorways not
But the highly rounded weathering on the Sphinx and its
enclosure indicates the action of rainwater over a long
WAS IT FLOOD OR RAIN?
You ask, could the erosion have been caused by the Nile
flooding and washing around the Sphinx at some remote time?
The answer is that to erode the monument up to its neck
would have required floods of twenty meters or more over
the Nile Valley. No, if thiswas erosion by water, then it
had to be rainwater.
RAIN SO HEAVY!
Do you know, there is good evidence that Egypt experienced
very heavy rainfall in the earliest period.
According to popular view, the transition from ice age to
the present desert environment took place between 10,000
and 3000 BC.
Then rainfall tapered off to its current level of about
20 cm per year by about 2200 BC.
CONSTRUCTED 7000 BC?
So if we must go back 9,000 years for sufficient
precipitation to cause this pattern of rainfall erosion
on limestone, thought West and Schoch, then the Sphinx must
have been constructed either during or before this transition
– say, 7000 BC.
That meant, it could be twice as old as “officially” claimed.
OR 10,500 BC?
Enter Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock. These two writers
believe that the Sphinx was built not around 2500 BC…
not in 7000 BC… but in 10,500 B.C.
According to their theory, the stars of the Belt of Orion
and Leo the Lion, as arranged in the sky, almost match the
positions of the pyramids of Giza. And they believe that the
time when the pyramids were in perfect alignment with the
Belt of Orion was when it was at its lowest point, in 10,450
They believe the Sphinx was probably built during this time.
Of course, however attractive this may sound, it is a theory
not proven. I’m sorry, but there is no stable background of
FACT to support 10,500 B.C.
As much as we might wish it to be, attempts to establish vast
ages for civilizations on the basis of astronomical data, must
fail – for the simple reason that the earth was violently
tipped off its axis in 2345 BC.
The locations of the stars as seen from every fixed point on
earth were radically altered.
So you cannot count back using earth’s present stability as
a reference point. To claim that you can is wishful thinking.
WHAT ABOUT 2000+ BC?
The 10,500 BC and 7000 BC theories are rejected by other
scientists for several reasons:
1. There is no evidence of an Egyptian civilization so
2. Architectural evidence dates the Sphinx to around the
same time as the nearby Pyramid of Khafra. And that
pyramid may now be dated to 2144 BC. (See my recent book
The Corpse Came Back, p.251)
(a) Khafra had four twenty-six foot long sphinxes
constructed. Two were in front of each entrance to his
Valley Temple. A drainage channel from the causeway
to Khafra’s pyramid empties into the Sphinx enclosure,
which presumably would have desecrated the enclosure
if it had already existed.
(b) The center court of the Sphinx Temple is identical
to the center court in Khafra’s Mortuary Temple
adjacent to his pyramid.
(c) The core blocks of the Sphinx Temple match some
of the strata of bedrock in the Sphinx enclosure and
show that the Temple was built as the enclosure was
being excavated. It may be inferred that if other
Khafra structures and the Sphinx Temple dated to
the same time, then the excavation of the Sphinx
itself dated to that time as well.
3. The Sphinx, a rapidly weathering structure, appears
older than it is.
4. Subsurface water drainage (periodic wetting of the
limestone by water-saturated sand) or Nile flooding could
have produced the pattern of erosion. The water in the
surrounding sand would have been drawn up to elevations
higher than flood levels due to capillary action. (The
Sphinx and Valley temples have been covered by sand for
most of the time of their existence.)
5. There are thought to be two reasons why the erosion of
the higher elevated Giza Pyramids is different from the
erosion of the less lower altitude Sphinx:
(a) The Nile floods were partly the source of the flood
water filling the Sphinx enclosure (which is lower than
(b) If the Sphinx erosion was caused by rainfall 7000
years ago and if the other structures in the Giza
Plateau (built 4000 years ago) show normal wind based
erosion, why didn’t the weathering by wind destroy the
older water-based weathering? (You must admit, that’s
6. The Sphinx is believed to resemble Khafre, the pharaoh
who built one of the nearby pyramids of Giza. He lived
not too long before 2000 BC.
It has also been suggested that weathering on the Sphinx
depends more on the properties of the rock itself. The
middle layer of the Sphinx shows the most erosion because
it is made of more porous limestone.
The pores of the rock being larger, they invite a process
called “salt crystallization”.
This occurs when morning moisture condenses on and in the
rock, dissolving the natural salt present in the rock.
During the day, this moisture evaporates. The salt
crystallizes then presses against the pore walls.
This process generally weakens the rock and enlarges
RADICAL NEW EVIDENCE
The climate of Egypt right up to 2000 BC was RAIN… RAIN…
Plant and animal species depicted in the early tomb
paintings show that the weather of Egypt was then wetter
than it is now.
Yes, it did rain in the Old Kingdom, more than today.
I shall now toss a cat among the pigeons. There is
startling new evidence that Egypt did NOT spring up UNTIL
AFTER the Great Flood of 2345 BC.
That’s right! There’s been a massive dating mistake! (But
that’s for another time.)
And the transition from ice age to the present desert
environment did NOT take place between 10,000 and 3000 BC,
but as recently as 2250 to 2000 BC.
And around 2200 BC Menes (Mizraim) and his followers arrived,
embanked the Nile and established the Egyptian civilization.
That’s when the pyramids and the Sphinx were built!
Some time ago I sent out an email that shocked many. Because,
I stated (among other things) that scientists reject most
carbon dating results.
AN EMBARRASSING SCANDAL
In other words, we’ve been had. So you can forget just about
all you’ve been told in school and in the media about
dating ancient remains.
But we also announced the special 7-ebook set at a big
reduction. And within minutes, the requests started pouring
in. (they’re an instant download).
Some people pleaded for more time. And that pulled on my heart
strings… because this set you will find invaluable. So I
shall keep the door open a few days longer.
You will see details further below.
Anyway, as I said, many were shocked by the news I gave last
week. In case you lost that email, you’ll see it again, below.
You may already suspect this. But this year may be the turning
point in our history. A dangerous year.
And that means economically… ecologically… politically…
religiously… socially. Take your pick.
So our team has been working overtime to get out to you some
vital information while there is still time.
We have been gathering this information from the bottom of
the sea and from remote mountain and desert regions of the
My crews slept on ashes, dived among sharks, and dodged
terrorist ambushes, to get this information to you.
When I realized how explosive some of this knowledge is
– and that desperate efforts were being made to suppress it
– I knew that this just had to be shared.
When you know the answers to some of the questions below,
you will have a clear-cut advantage over others who have
no clue what lies ahead.
We have brought together three major fields of research:
* Forbidden discoveries
* Crucial current events
* Startling prophecies
These are some of the issues:
1. THE 2012 PROPHECY
* Does our planet face a catastrophe soon?
* Will a gravitational cosmic tsunami cause the sun to scorch
* Will the only immediate survivors be people in underground
* And learn the chilling news about depleted uranium – the
dying of bees, deer, birds, bats and fish worldwide, and how
this affects your survival.
* Is there hope beyond this…?
2. THE GREAT DATING BLUNDER
* Don’t be conned.
* Why do scientists reject most carbon dating results?
* Is this true?: Carbon dating shows that a famous historical
event hasn’t happened yet!
* Do you know how to make oil in ten minutes?
* Why do only a few dating methods suggest an “old” earth?
* Why are these widely publicized – while the majority of systems,
which suggest a “young” age for our earth, are ignored?
* Amazing discoveries you are not supposed to know… about ice,
dinosaurs, trees, magnetic reversals, petrified men, oil
and gas, coal, fossils, lakes, deltas, waterfalls, coral reefs,
deserts, the tipping of the earth’s axis, and the age of
civilizations, such as Egypt.
3. STING OF THE SCORPION
* Many of our world leaders are currently making their decisions
by astrology. Their decisions affect the lives of millions of
people. How safe is this?
* Did you hear about the Great Astrology Cover-up – and the hidden
truth behind Star Names and Signs?
* Also, did you know that ancient civilizations believed a serpent
– which represented the devil – had taken control of the world?
* That they believed a virgin’s baby would fight the serpent
defeat him and bring peace, life and happiness to mankind?
* Did you know that the pictures on the sky map were used to
describe this story and NOT to tell people’s fortunes through
* And that the NAMES of the stars, as well as the star sign
pictures told that story?
* Discover some power-packed prophecies which are soon to affect
4. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOWER OF BABEL?
* The intriguing search for the remains of history’s most infamous
* Startling new scientific evidence on the origin of languages.
* Amazing high technology and lost knowledge.
* Scary dive in murky water for an ancient skyscraper. Tantalizing
secrets under the water.
5. WAS THIS A MIRACLE?
* Discover some amazing modern phenomena:
* How do you pull a girl through a solid wall?
* Deadly poison in the cup.
* The coins that floated across the bay.
* Why did the ant carry a contact lense?
* The miracle power of a brother’s love song.
* The airport stranger knew too much.
* Keeping one step ahead of the secret service men.
* Buried alive behind the house.
* What you were never told about the Boxing Day tsunami.
* Why the gasoline would not burn.
* Was a man really raised from the dead in Lebanon?
* Shocking surprise in the canyon.
* During the murder, the clock struck 13
…and other surprising true reports!
Also I’m throwing in two exciting Bonus Reports.
And this evidence will stun you…
#1- WHO’S PLAYING JESUS GAMES?
* Over a billion people follow Christianity. But is
Jesus Christ just an historical mistake – or even
something worse? ?
* Is it true that early historians never mention him?
* And Jesus’ resurrection – what are the scientific facts?
Is it a hoax, an hallucination, or history?
* Is it true that Gospel writers “contradict” one another?
* What about the Dead Sea scrolls – do they confirm or refute
* Are there “missing” books of the Bible?
With a huge showdown soon about to break, you can’t afford to
be without this gripping, controversial and important
This report is based on exciting archaeological discoveries
and over 25 years of ground-breaking research.
You owe it to yourself to get this into your hands. Compelling
evidence about the real origin of Christianity.
#2- THE SORCERERS’ SECRET
* Discover the shocking truth – Who are the infiltrators who
are planning to take over the lives of unsuspecting Christians
and those of their children? This explosive report will send
shivers down your spine!
* Is there a deliberate alteration of the Bible on a large
* Why were Bible revisers sworn to secrecy?
* And have you heard about the King James Bible’s amazing
hidden built-in dictionary?
* Also, why are some Bible editors suddenly struck dumb, or
end up in asylums, séances and prison cells?
Yes, you have just taken a tiny peep into “SECRETS EXPOSED “.
Not five, but seven astonishing, surprise-packed e-books in one
This is crucial, empowering information. And you will have FUN
discovering it. The best part is that you can get all this
information RIGHT NOW.
When you open them, you will discover that any one of
these 7 e-books is DYNAMITE. But with the entire set
of 7 you have in your grasp what some people kill for –
Here’s where to go:
Wishing you and yours a good week ahead,
Please tell your friends
Did you enjoy this information?
If you know someone who would find these
facts interesting, Click the URL below now
to email it to them, or copy and paste the
URL below into your browser.
You are welcome to put it on your own
website exactly as it is, without change,
including our email address.
International explorer, archaeologist and author
Jonathan Gray has traveled the world to gather
data on ancient mysteries. He has penetrated
some largely unexplored areas, including parts
of the Amazon headwaters. The author has also
led expeditions to the bottom of the sea and to
remote mountain and desert regions of the world.
He lectures internationally.
Pacific Coast Highway
PO Box 785